Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Step by step e-books

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much scent have you gotten out of 8oz jars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much scent have you gotten out of 8oz jars?

So, I'd just like to get some perspective from other candlemakers. Am I correct in expecting more, or am I being greedy?

I use soy464 wax in 8oz jelly jars, single wick. I test burn my candles in the guest bedroom of my house, which is an ideal testing area. The size of the room is average, about 11ftx12ft. By about 1h 14min my candles hit full melt pool and the scent has filled the room, but stops dead at the doorway. I understand an 8oz jar is a small candle, but I would be ecstatic if I could get the scent coming out the door farther into the next room. Is that expecting too much of this size candle, or am I right to expect more?

Also, does anyone think I could get any benefits from double wicking the jar?
    Brielleb98
    Last edited by Brielleb98; 10-09-2020, 01:22 AM.

Soy is typically known for a more subtle fragrance throw. It will fragrance the immediate area the candle it’s in but won’t go much further than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Antonio View Post
      Soy is typically known for a more subtle fragrance throw. It will fragrance the immediate area the candle it’s in but won’t go much further than that.
      Yeah, I know soy is known for its lower fragrance throw. But I was curious if any has really been able to really push it. But, I think I'm just going to focus on a different wax. Maybe a para-soy blend. Soy's habit of frosting is also driving me bananas.

Comment

Working...
      X