Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Step by step e-books

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help in choosing wick and soy wax types?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help in choosing wick and soy wax types?

Hello I was wanting to know which kind of wooden wick should I buy for a 16 oz candle jar that has 3 inch diameter wide mouth ? Should I buy a double wooden wick or booster wick? What is a good soy wax to buy? I don't know please help me.

Originally posted by tenna76 View Post
    Hello I was wanting to know which kind of wooden wick should I buy for a 16 oz candle jar that has 3 inch diameter wide mouth ? Should I buy a double wooden wick or booster wick? What is a good soy wax to buy? I don't know please help me.
    Hi! You will need to know your wax before you can choose a wick so definitely start there. I'm not a fan of 100% soy waxes, but you could try C3 or 464 as they are easy to come buy. After you select a wax... then you can look into wicking. Wicking depends mostly on wax type, FO, and jar. Here is a video you may enjoy. It is kind of length but full of content. Hope it helps.

All About Wicks:
    https://youtu.be/FVlsH3N4T3M
    YouTube Training Channel: https://www.youtube.com/blacktiebarncandleco

"Making the world smell better one candle at a time. Or, at least my house."

Comment

hihi, need help
      straight sided tumbler 3.6inches diameter
      I am thinking of using soy wax 444
      and I chose 444 because I read that it does well in hot areas and I am from the Caribbean
      what wicks should I use?
      right now I have the ECO 12 AND 14 as well as the CD 20, I plan to test them
      are they good choices?

Comment

I am also looking for help deciding what wax to purchase as I live in the south and will be shipping my candles.
        I have researched that the best for shipping is 444 but can be difficult to get right and has problems with tunneling? I am co sidering the c3 as well. Anyone have any recommendations?

Comment

Working...
        X